Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Playing Catch up!

I have ohhh so much to blog about and don't know where to start! I'm finally having a minute to sit down and actually post something. I've been meaning to do it since sunday but just haven't had the time. First off Happy GREEN Month! I think this will be one of my favourite months so far considering I A have projects to do that are green and B I love the shades of greeen that are out and about these days! Oh sooo yummy!
Now before I start babbling go over to Harlots new post! At the very end of her post she has a picture that she took in Lexington. Well heck its only several hundred young people at Triangle Park participating in the NIGHT COMMUTE!!! YAY!!!!! That makes me oh so happy!!!! FYI I'm buying the movie and bracelet!!!! I hope you are too!
This whole night commute is really pulling on my heart strings and making me want to go visit my kids! I checked out flights to Uganda....... wooowwwwwwwwweeee!!! Thats alot of moola!
Then I check flights to Brazil which weren't as bad sooo we shall see. I might get to see one of them after all!
Anyway back to blogging!
L is home from Mexico and is sooooooo incredibly brown I can't believe it!!!! What a brat! I told her I could cat sit IN mexico but nooooooo!!!
She was however very nice in bringing me back a little something even after I told her to go enjoy herself and no worry about any of us! There are 4 of us girls that hang out together so she brought all 3 of us a little suede purse and neckace. Each necklace is different and the little purse will be perfect for summer when I don't want to carry around a big bag. She also pulled out a little Cat carved in some kind of polished stone for looking after Gizmo. Its soooo cute and Sockies just loved it! Rubbing her head on it the whole bit. Its going in my living room once I get my little box shelves up.

This is my first project for Green month! I joined the Pomatomas Along * no wonder Margene called them her P socks! How in the world do you pronounce that!!!!* I'm using my contest win from Amy Boogie that I've had for a while now. It is sooo fantastic and of course I was waiting for the perfect project and after falling in love with this pattern they were destined to be P socks!! So the yarn is Spunky Eclectic, colourway is unknown, it doesn't seem to match the others in her shop so I'm thinking maybe its a one off. I love the colours, in winding it up a found sooo many other little splashes of colour and different shades.
Sockies decided she was going to play with it last night while I was winding it up. I promptly reminded her that this was special Amy Boogie yarn and that she was to keep her paws to herself! A handspun delight that is not for cats! She then decided to punk me off and go back to sleep!

The best part of my weekend! And a complete fluke! I got my very OWN four wheeler!!!! This is a yamaha 250 a perfect sized bike for a little donkey! Moose's bike is a 450 and I find it hard for these little arms so steer so when Moose's old boss was selling this for a steal of a deal we couldn't pass it up. There have been only 5 tanks of gas through the green machine and its a 93. It fits perfectly on the back of the truck and then Moose's and his brothers can go on the trailer no problem so now we each have our own. YAYYYY!!! Perfect P.S. purchase to start the month!!
Now that I've talked your ears off I'll leave it at that for now. I'll hopefully beable to blog some tomorrow and fill you in on the rest of the news.

7 comments:

C+SK said...

Oh man, that's a lot goin' on! :-) Oh I so want the four wheeler too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from your Dye-O-Rama buddy! Looks like you've been busy! Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

hi donkey and all you other hoolagins

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that 4 wheeler! You look fab on it. Now I want one, too!

Chris said...

Oh, that looks like fabulous yarn for the P socks! And that little carved cat is really cute. I'm looking forward to green, too. Altho I've been just too busy to get out and take pictures yet. Argh.

Amy said...

congrats on the 4wheeler, I've got one too,a Honda and love it!

Laura said...

little donkey. hehe Too Cute!

Gah! There's MORE news?? Love the Yarn from AmyBoogie and the P's will be so PRETTY! Love the gifties you got from your friend who went to Mexico... cool stuff - and the 4-wheeler - wheeee! Love that stuff. Lots of fun. Don't hurt yourself! :)