Friday, March 24, 2006

Completely Knackered!

Gaaaaaaa!!! I don't know whats been up with me lately but the last three days I've come home from work and either had a nap or like last night fell asleep on the couch, woke up and crawled up to bed till morning. I'm completely knackered and have NO idea way. The only knitting i've managed to get done was the leg on my PS socks at work during my breaks.
I have found out some cool things lately though that I thought I'd share.

I found a fellow gal from the Homeland check out IrishMama 's blog!

I also found Sockies Dopleganger his name is Thomas and he belongs to Amy, check them out here

OH before I forget the TWINS have also arrived! The boys were born this morning by cesarian, Alexander Caleb and Thedore Noah. No pics yet but I'm excited to see them!

So before Moose went to work tonight we decided that when the truck comes on tuesday we will wait till the weekend to go pic it up *being as its an hour and a half drive* that way we can kill 2 birds with one stone and also we can drive up with his brother that way we can drive back together in the new vehicle instead of travelling seperately. So besides picking up the truck we are going to be going to Pleasant Valley Heritage Farm. Its a non profit shelter for abused,neglected and unwanted farm animals. Please check out the website.I'll have to explain a little background here. At christmas I recieved a basket of goodies from Moose's mom that included handspun wool, some little sheep and donkey things *I love sheep and donkies* along with a letter. The letter told me that it entitled me to a day on the farm, working with the animals and also getting a spinning lesson. I'm very excited to be going I know i'm going to have a blast because this is right up my alley. The lady that owns it was contacted and next weekend she said is perfect. I had also asked about sheep shearing as I think it would be cool to watch so she said she'd love to to have me go and help her shear....... I don't know about help but we'll see. She also said when the baby lambs will arrive and that I can go help with that as well. All so exciting for me, maybe not so much for others but I love animals so much! On top of all that she's gonna teach me how to spin!!! How much better can it get???
I will be taking my camera for sure so be prepared for lots of sheep pics :)
I'll have some knitting pics tomorrow for you.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, that Thomas does look like Sockies.

Sounds like you'll have a great weekend (next weekend, right?) on the farm!! I grew up on a farm - sheep, chickens, cows, ducks, dogs, cats, horses... the whole works.

Um, is there ANY CHANCE that you could be, well, in a family way??? I'm told by my SIL that being very very tired for no apparent reason can be an early sign...

Laura said...

Completely knackered. heh Must be that Irish Canadian language. The experience among us would automatically say "are you pregnant?" but typically "sick" comes before "tired." Hope you feel more like yourself again soon. Gotta enjoy your day on the farm - how fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hey have'nt heard that word in a long time "knackered", but I'm feeling that too right now, I just finished a 12hr shift at the hospital. Pregnant was the first thing I thought of too. Enjoy your weekend

C+SK said...

That is so cool about the farm - I want to go too!! And BIG TIME congrats on the twins!! :-)