Saturday, February 11, 2006

oooooooooohhh sooooo cold!



WOWZERS!! From being above 0 to suddenly being -28 degrees is a shock to the system let me tell ya. Especially when you've been inside all day, not noticing the temperature and then have to go outside brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I had to go pick up my BIL at the airport, and let me tell you the cold wind was something else. I left with my green fleecey jacket on here, as it wasn't too bad, thinking i'd just be in and out................. well it was windy windy windy when I got there and stupid me didn't have any mittens on and I had to get gas................. Lesson learned :)
I did take the time to snap a picture of me wearing my IHS and hat before I left. I hate self pics but Moose was at work so I had no option.

On Knitting news I have cast on for my mum's socks. She had picked the double moss stitch pattern from my sensational knitted socks book but after getting a few inches done I noticed you couldn't see the pattern because of the variegation in the yarn so I frogged back to the ribbing and started plain, it seems to be working out much better. I'm using Jawool superwash #108 which is black and purple variegated. Well see how they turn out, maybe I'll try a different pattern on the foot.

No comments: