Thursday, November 09, 2006

Kitties Kitties Kitties!

Chappysmom is having a contest. Show her your november calendar page and you could win a yarny prize! Well Chappysmom, over here at Celtic land its all about the kitties. I have 3 calendars and all three have furry little faces on them.
First we have the desk calander. A kitty for everyday of the year!!
The second is the calander in my kitchen, all sleeping kitties awwww I love this one!
And number 3 is a special gift from my mum's bf. She sent it from Ireland and the name of the calendar is Kelly's Cats puuuurfect! They are paintings of all Kelly's cats too cute!
Now I have been knitting, somewhat slowly but it has been happening. The only time I've had to knit at the minute is on breaks at work, or what breaks I get... *grumble*
I picked up a ball of Louisa Harding at the LYS last week and immediately cast on for a pair of fetchings. The Louisa Harding has angora in it and is incredibly soft, they won't be the warmest things in the world but they will be DANG cute :)
Because I have small little hands and I wanted them to be snug I used US3's. The pattern calls for US4 but I didn't have any, and 5's were way to big. One down one to go.

I actually have a 3 day weekend coming up........ that is unheard of for me so I hope to enjoy somje time with Moose, can you believe we have all three days off together????? CRAZY! Hopefully I'll get some knitting in too!

7 comments:

KnitterBunny said...

Angora fiber is 7 to 10 times warmer than wool, so having a little Angora mixed in should help keep you pretty cozy. :)

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Watch it, Kelly. Fetching can become addictive! Enjoy your days together!

Laura said...

Aww Kelly, you have such cute Kitty calendars and ... is this silly?.... what beautiful hands you have! Lovely nails and slender fingers. I'm jealous. Your Fetching mitts will be toasty warm and you picked a great color!! :)

Chris said...

Of course, I love your calendars! :) I think those mitts will be warmer than you expect, with the angora.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I so need cat calendars...you'd think I'd have them since I love the little critters...

--Deb said...

Thanks for the calendar pages--and those sleeping kitties ARE cute . . . (grin)

Ren said...

only one more until you have yourself a PAIR of fingerless gloves and you can be as excited as me! : )